7.7.16

Sisiphus at night















You came in the middle of the night
Turning the light on
"Come, you said, it is about time"
And, oh, what a fool was I
Jumping out of bed, following your nod.
But, just before my first step
You turned it off again
"Come on, follow my smell, you said"
And, oh, what a morron was I,
Lifting my nose up high, as a hound
Your long forgotten odour trying to locate
While my soul barked relendlessly
For some bones of your existence
But just before my first step
You changed rooms and you scent followed you along
Leaving me amidst an odourless darkness
"Come on, you said, spread your hands and hug me"
As I heard the bed squeaking
Oh my joy, took my soul by the hand
And together they carried this old body
Back to an empty mattress
Only to find it as I left it
Full of sweat and broken hopes
Which took your shape and spread your scent
Yet to torture me, for a night to come
Yet another stone to carry on my own hilltop
Of oblivion...

Teknaf, Bangladesh- 23.05.2016

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: